Comma-separated (CSV) and other text data
can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various external systems, on premises or in the cloud, using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
CSV Integration & Synchronization
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the data source or destination entity must be configured as follows to connect to CSV or other text data.
Fig.: Sample configuration to connect to Text/CSV data via ODBC.
CSV and Text Data Specific Configuration Settings
Please note the following about specific settings, features and possible issues.
- Please select ODBC as a data provider from the list. The provider should be installed on any Windows system.
- Please configure an ODBC data source to connect to CSV/Text. Please follow this example for more details.
- Note that your ODBC System DSN connection must fit to the Layer2 Cloud Connector version (32- or 64-bit).
- In the connection string please only refer to the DSN, e.g. DSN=myDSN.
- You can query your data source with simple SQL, e.g. select * from myData.csv.
- You need a primary key (column with unique values) for synchronization. You can use one column (MedalistID in the sample above) or multiple columns that are unique together: Col1, Col2...
- Bi-directional sync is not supported. You cannot write to the CSV/Text data source.
- In case of using file shares, please grant appropriate access rights.
- Note that you could export data as text/csv from almost any system, e.g. by scripting. This offers a simple and cost effective way for local data integration. It's not about bulk-import on the other end of synchronisation. Only changes are processed for save insert, update, delete in the connected system.
Step-by-Step Intros For Specific CSV/Text Integration Scenarios
You will find more information about specific scenarios here:
Next Steps for Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here