Comma-separated (CSV) and other text data
can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various external systems, on premises or in the cloud, using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
CSV and Text Data Integration and Synchronization
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the data source or destination entity must be configured as follows to connect to CSV or other text data.
Fig.: Sample configuration to connect to Text/CSV data via ODBC.
CSV and Text Data Specific Configuration Settings
Please note the following about specific settings, features and possible issues.
- Please select ODBC as a data provider from the list. The provider should be installed on any Windows system.
- Please configure an ODBC data source to connect to CSV/Text. Please follow this example for more details.
- Note that your ODBC System DSN connection must fit to the Layer2 Cloud Connector version (32- or 64-bit).
- In the connection string please only refer to the DSN, e.g. DSN=myDSN.
- You can query your data source with simple SQL, e.g. select * from myData.csv.
- You need a primary key (column with unique values) for synchronization. You can use one column (MedalistID in the sample above) or multiple columns that are unique together: Col1, Col2...
- Bi-directional sync is not supported. You cannot write to the CSV/Text data source.
- In case of using file shares, please grant appropriate access rights.
- Note that you could export data as text/csv from almost any system, e.g. by scripting. This offers a simple and cost effective way for local data integration. It's not about bulk-import on the other end of synchronisation. Only changes are processed for save insert, update, delete in the connected system.
Step-by-Step Intros For Specific CSV/Text Integration Scenarios
You will find more information about specific scenarios here:
Next Steps for Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here