data can be integrated and synchronized codelessly with various other data sources, on-premises or in the cloud, using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
via the OData provider. Please take a look here
for supported systems and applications.
Exact Online Integration with Office 365, SharePoint and 100+
Exact Online is a business software that automates manufacturing, logistics and CRM in the cloud. To connect to Exact Online data, the data source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig. Example connection configuration to connect to Exact Online Item data.
Exact Online Integration and Synchronization Specific Settings
Please note the following specific settings.
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for OData to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be already installed. You will find a OData Provider specification here.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
Url=https://start.exactonline.com/api/v1/<DIVISION>/logistics; Collection=Items; Authentication=ExactOnline; [email protected]; Password=xxxxx
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any specification of supported queries, see the Exact REST API documentation. You can browse OData collections in the web browser. Simply paste your url from there.
- You can map the resulting data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary key. Exact-side IDs will not work in this case.
- No installation or changes are required at the Exact Online data source or data destination.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
Exact Online Integration - Known Issues and Workarounds
- You will need the division number to set up the OData access URL. If you do not know your division number, see the Exact FAQ for how to get this.
- Exact Online uses different login servers for different geolocations, and this may cause the authentication not to work correctly. To fix this, open this file (C:\ProgramData\Layer2 Cloud Connector\Authentication\ExactOnline.xml), and replace all instances of "start.exactonline.com" with "start.exactonline.<yourlocation>". You will see what the location text should be when you try to login via a browser. For example, if your login server is https://start.exactonline.nl/docs/Login.aspx, then the location is "nl" and that will be what you place into the authentication document. Save and then reopen Cloud Connector to have it load the updated version. If you need additional assistance, please contact [email protected].
Step-by-Step Intros for Exact Online Data Integration and Synchronization
Just some interesting scenarios to sync Exact Online data with almost any other system or application:
- Sync with local SQL or SQL Azure for better reporting.
- Sync with Microsoft Exchange (on-premises or online) for notifications, tasks, calendar events, mobile access and offline availability on any device.
- Sync with 3rd party tools based on SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Sync with Microsoft SharePoint or Office 365 for better collaboration (for example with customers or partners) or for intranet publishing.
Next Steps For Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here