data can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various other data sources using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
via 3rd party data providers. Please take a look here
for supported target systems and applications like SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, Dynamics and others.
Google Analytics Integration with Office 365, SharePoint and 100+
To connect to Google Analytics data the source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig.: Sample connection configuration to connect to a Google Analytics.
Google Analytics Specific Integration Settings
Please note the following Google Analytics specific settings.
- Install the RSSBus ADO.NET Provider for Google Analytics. This provider is not part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be installed separately from the vendor's product page. It requires extra licensing.
- Choose “RSSBus ADO.NET Provider for Google Analytics” (exact name might vary) as “Data Provider” for your data entity (source and / or destination).
- Follow the vendor instructions for setting up the connection string and select statement (see below for samples).
- Set the connection string as required, e.g. OAuthClientId=myClientId; OAuthClientSecret=myClientSecret; InitiateOAuth=true;
- A Google client ID looks like mytoken.apps.googleusercontent.com.
- A client secret looks like one encoded string of numbers and characters.
- Note: The first time new credentials are used, your default browser will open a web page where you are asked to authorize access to your Google account. Thats not the case for any further manual or automatic scheduled syncs.
- Set the data query as required, e.g. SELECT * FROM segments. Lots of tables, views and procedures are supported. See provider documentation for this.
- Please see vendor documentation for supported tables and views.
- Choosing a primary key is not required as the provider sets one automatically.
- You can map your Google Analytics data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- No installation or changes are required at the Google Analytics data source or data destination.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
- Two-way sync is currently not supported because of provider compatibility issues, just Google Analytics => data destination (e.g. SQL, SharePoint, Office 365, Exchange, Dynamics and others).
Step-by-Step Intros For Codeless Google Calendar Data Integration And Synchronization
Just some ideas what to connect next:
- Sync with SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL or Microsoft SQL Server for archiving.
- Sync with Microsoft SQL Server for using SSRS with advanced reporting.
- Sync with Microsoft SharePoint or Office 365 lists for better collaboration (for example with customers or partners) or for intranet publishing. Change notifications and workflows on data change in Google Analytics are fully supported.
Next Steps For Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here