data can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various other data sources using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
via 3rd party data providers. Please take a look here
for supported target systems and applications like SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, Dynamics and others.
Google Contacts Integration and Synchronization
Fig. Google contacts to sync with various other systems without code.
To connect to Google Contacts, the source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig. Example connection configuration to connect to Google Contacts and sync to various other systems and apps without code.
Google Contacts Specific Integration Settings
Please note the following Google Contacts specific settings.
Known Issues and Workarounds with Google Contacts Data Integration
- The "CustomEmailAddresses" field when mapped will cause errors when writing to Google Contacts. Either use the "HomeEmailAddresses" or "WorkEmailAddresses". It might also be possible to map the "CustomEmailAddressTypes" field as well and provide data, as that seems to be linked with the "CustomEmailAddresses" field.
- If a "Group" is not specified and mapped to the "Group" column, Google Contacts will consider it a "Other Contact" type and not have it show in the main contact group set. In the newer UI the Other Contacts" are not exposed, and you need to go to the Classic UI mode to see them. If you have syncs that work (no errors or skips) but you cannot see your contacts in Google, try switching to the Classic UI and check "Other Contacts" to see if they were orphaned there.
Step-by-Step Intros For Google Contacts Data Integration And Synchronization
Just some ideas what to connect next:
- Sync with Microsoft Exchange contacts (on-premises or online) for mobile access and offline availability on any device. Public folders also supported.
- Sync with 3rd party tools like ERP/CRM/CMS based on SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Sync with Microsoft SharePoint or Office 365 for better collaboration (for example with customers or partners) or for intranet publishing. SharePoint change notifications and workflows in case of Google Contacts changes are fully supported.
- Integrate with Microsoft Dynamics CRM/ERP/NAV etc.
- Integrate with Salesforce or other non Microsoft CRMs.
- Connect to SAP via NetWeaver and OData or Hana.
Next Steps For Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here