Google email (known as Gmail)
data can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various other data sources using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
via 3rd party data providers. Please take a look here
for supported target systems and applications like SQL, Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, Dynamics and others.
Gmail Data Integration and Synchronization
To connect to a Google email the source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig.: Sample connection configuration to connect to Google email to sync with various other systems.
Google Email Specific Integration Settings
Please note the following Google Calendar specific settings.
- Install the RSSBus ADO.NET Provider for Gmail. This provider is not part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be installed separately from the vendor's product page. It requires extra licensing.
- Choose “RSSBus ADO.NET Provider for Gmail V4” (exact name might vary) as “Data Provider” for your data entity (source and / or destination).
- Follow the vendor instructions for setting up the connection string and select statement (see below for samples).
- Set the connection string as required, e.g. OAuthClientId=myClientId; OAuthClientSecret=myClientSecret; InitiateOAuth=true; [email protected].
- A Google client ID looks like mytoken.apps.googleusercontent.com.
- A client secret looks like one encoded string of numbers and characters.
- Note: The first time new credentials are used, your default browser will open a web page where you are asked to authorize access to your Google account. Thats not the case for any further manual or automatic scheduled syncs.
- Set the data query as required, e.g. SELECT * FROM Inbox.
- Choosing a primary key is not required as the provider sets one automatically.
- You can map your Google email data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- No installation or changes are required at the Google email data source or data destination.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
- Two-way sync is currently not supported because some fields (Recipient, Date, etc.) are read-only.
- Looks like email attachments are not supported yet by the 3rd party data provider.
Step-by-Step Intros For Codeless Google Email Data Integration And Synchronization
Just some ideas what to connect next:
- Sync with Microsoft Exchange inbox (on-premises or online) for mobile access and offline availability on any device. Public folders also supported.
- Sync with 3rd party tools like ERP/CRM/CMS based on SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Sync with Microsoft SharePoint or Office 365 lists for better collaboration (for example with customers or partners) and search or for intranet publishing. Change notifications and workflows fully supported.
- Integrate with Microsoft Dynamics CRM/ERP/NAV etc.
- Connect to SAP via NetWeaver and OData or Hana.
Next Steps For Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here