InterSystems Caché Integration with Office 365, SharePoint and 100+ more
To connect to InterSystems Caché data the data source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig.: Example connection configuration to connect to InterSystems Caché data.
InterSystems Caché Specific Configuration Settings
Please note the following specific settings.
- Select the ODBC Data Provider to connect. The provider is part of the Windows Operating System and should be already installed.
- You need the InterSystems Caché ODBC driver installed (64-bit or 32-bit version depending on architecture and installed Cloud Connector). This comes usually with the Caché implementation.
- Follow the vendor instructions to setup and configure. See here for an example to setup an ODBC data source.
- Use a System DSN (not User or File DSN) to setup your connection and to refer to in the connection string. Verify your setup directly in the ODBC Connection Manager, if supported.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
Please find more details about ODBC options at www.connectionstrings.com.
- You can make use of ODBC to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any specification of query language supported see vendor documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this).
Specific InterSystems Caché Data Integration Scenarios
Just some ideas what to connect next:
InterSystems Caché Data Integration - Known Issues and Workarounds
- You can generally use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary key.
- No programming required to setup a connection. No need to open your local network for access from outside. No need to modify the connected systems.
- For more detailed setting options please take a look at the Layer2 Cloud Connector User's Guide.
Next Steps with InterSystems Caché Data Integration
To connect to InterSystems Caché you can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here.