As a first step select your Dynamics SL data entity for integration / synchronization in Quick Query. You can add filters and other customizations there.
Fig.: Microsoft Dynamics data entities in Quick Query.
To connect and sync a Microsoft Dynamics SL data entity with other data sources, next connect to Microsoft Excel - just to get the connection string and the data query (you will not need Excel later on).
Fig.: Copy / paste the connection string and query directly from Excel to Layer2
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
- Select the OLEDB Data Provider
- Paste the connection string from Excel to the Connection Manager
- Paste the data query from Excel to the Connection Manager
- Provide a primary key (one or more columns that are unique together)
- Verify the connection
- Take a look at the data preview
- Map your data query fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).