data can be integrated and synchronized codeless with various other data sources using the Layer2 Cloud Connector
via the HANA ODBC Data Provider. Please take a look here
for supported systems and applications.
SAP HANA Integration with Office 365, SharePoint and 100+
To connect to HANA source using ODBC, data source entity must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager:
Fig. Sample connection configuration to connect to SAP HANA data via ODBC.
SAP HANA Codeless Integration and Synchronization Specific Settings
Please note the following specific settings.
- Install the HANA ODBC driver (HDBODBC32 or HDBODBC64). These are normally installed with the HANA Client. Note that the driver architecture must fit to the Cloud Connector version installed (32- or 64-bit).
- Follow the vendor instructions to setup and configure a DSN. See page 14 in this SAP document for setting up a HANA ODBC data source.
- Select the ODBC Data Provider to connect. The provider is part of the Windows Operating System and should be already installed.
- Use a System DSN (not User or File DSN) to setup your connection and to refer to in the connection string. Verify your setup directly in the ODBC Connection Manager, if supported.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
DSN=myDSN; UID=myUser; PWD=myPassword
Please find more details about ODBC options at www.connectionstrings.com.
- You can make use of ODBC to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any specification of query language supported see the HANA documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary key. Database-side IDs will not work in this case.
- No installation or changes are required at the SAP HANA / ODBC data source or the data destination.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, on-demand per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
Step-by-Step Intros for SAP HANA Integration and Synchronization
Just some ideas about systems to connect and sync:
- Sync with local SQL or SQL Azure for better reporting via SSRS.
- Sync with Office 365 / SharePoint lists to expose HANA data to external users for change notification and workflows. Make use of Office 365 for Hana data acquisition.
- Sync with 3rd party apps like ERP/CRM/CMS based on SQL databases like Oracle, mySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Sync with Microsoft Exchange Online for mobile access on any devices.
Do you have connected more? Just let us know. Can't find what you are looking for? Please contact [email protected] directly for more information.
Next Steps for Evaluation
You can register to download and evaluate the Layer2 Cloud Connector here