MailChimp Data Integration Specific Configuration Settings
Let's take a sample MailChimp data set like ListMembers.
To connect to MailChimp data the data source or target entity must be configured
as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector Connection Manager. No programming
required, just a valid connection string and data query.
Please note the following specific settings.
- To connect to MailChimp you need the RSSBus or CDATA ADO.NET Provider for MailChimp installed, some kind of driver - available from a 3rd party vendor. The data provider is not part of the package and must additionally be licensed directly with the vendor.
- Select this data provider to connect. You will find specifications, e.g. supported data entities, query support etc. on vendor's home page.
- You need to create or use existing API key in MailChimp (Account -> Extras -> API Keys)
- You need to register your Cloud Connector as "Registered App" in MailChimp (Account -> Extras -> Registered Apps).
- You need to use AppId, ClientId and ClientSecret in the connection string.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
OAuth Client Id=myOAuthClientId;
OAuth Client Secret=myOAuthClientSecret;
- The first time new credentials are used, your default browser will open a web page where you are asked to authorize access to your MailChimp account.
- You can make use of all SQL queries that are supported by the data provider, for example:
select * from ListMembers where ListId=myListId
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column(s) with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this), for example for ListMembers "Id, ListId, UniqueEmailId"
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync. No need to open your local network for access from outside.
After successful connection you can map the data fields / columns as follows.
After first sync you fill find your MailChimp data connected, e.g. to Microsoft
Office 365 or SharePoint as follows.