HFSQL Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint General List Settings click "Connect to external data source".
In the BDLC list configuration form, the data source must be configured as
follows to connect to HFSQL using the ODBC driver for HFSQL:
Figure 1: Example connection
configuration to connect a native SharePoint list to an HFSQL data source.
Please note the following about specific settings:
- You need to have the ODBC driver for
HFSQL Classic or Client/Server driver installed on the computer that runs the
Layer2 Cloud Connector. You can find the component on the PC Soft WINDEV Download Center.
- There is also an Ole DB driver provided by WINDEV that also works with the
Cloud Connector - the download location is the same as above.
- Install the 64-bit version of the ODBC driver.
- Please select the ".Net Framework Data Provider for Odbc" from the list of
- Configure a System DSN (not User or File DSN) according to the vendor's instructions. Both "HFSQL Classic" and "HFSQL
Client/Server" configurations are supported.
- The connection string will be "DSN=mySystemDSN;"
- You can also use a DNS-less connection string - this example if for the
Driver=HFSQL;Server Name=myServerName; server
port=4900; database=myDatabase; UID=username; pwd=xxxxxx;
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. See the HFSQL Documentation for more information.
- Please make sure to define an appropriate primary key.
- The BLDC only supports reading from HFSQL files. Write-back is not supported
at this time.
- No installation or changes are required at the HFSQL data source or data
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
Do you have any issues with connecting? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.