MailChimp Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the Business Data List Connector the data connection must be configured as
Figure 2: Example connection
configuration to connect a native SharePoint list to a MailChimp data entity via
Layer2 Business Data List Connector.
- To connect
to MailChimp you need the CDATA ADO.NET Provider for MailChimp installed, some
kind of driver - available from a 3rd party vendor. The data provider is not
part of the package and must additionally be licensed directly with the
- Select this data provider to connect. You will find specifications, e.g.
supported data entities, query support etc. on vendor's home page.
- You need to create or use existing API key in MailChimp (Account ->
Extras -> API Keys)
- You need to register your BDLC as "Registered App" in MailChimp (Account
-> Extras -> Registered Apps).
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
- You can make use of all SQL queries that are supported by the data
provider, for example:
select * from ListMembers where
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Bi-directional synchronization is NOT supported.
- No installation or changes are required at the data source or data
destination despite the CData providers.
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.