Nomadesk Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint General List
Settings click "Connect to external data source".
While you cannot sync file metadata from nomadesk directly with
SharePoint, you can sync with your local synced file copy managed by Nomadesk as
an intermediate storage. You can use the Layer2 Business Data List Connector and
the Layer2 Data Provider for File System to sync.
Please note that BDLC can only
sync your files metadata into a SharePoint list.
Figure 1: Example connection
configuration to connect a native SharePoint list to a Nomadesk vault via Layer2
Business Data List Connector.
Please note the following specific settings.
- Install the Nomadesk dashboard
utility and configure for local synchronization.
- Synchronize your Nomadesk vault to the lettered drive configured in the
Nomadesk dashboard, for example E:\.
- Please select the Layer2 Data Provider for File System from the list of
data providers. The provider is part of the Layer2 Business Data List Connector
solution and should be already installed, depending on installation options
selected. You can also install separately if required.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
In our example, vaultDrive is E:\.
- SQL-like data queries will be supported with next versions, e.g. only files
with specific names, types or age.
- Select a primary key like "FileContent".
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Write-operations are fully supported but need an updatable query (e.g. joins
are mostly not), appropriate access rights, also primary key(s) to auto-generate
- No installation or changes are required at the data source or data
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.