The Layer2 Auto Tagger for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013 / 2016 offers the following features and benefits:
- Increased productivity and precision while bulk-tagging SharePoint items and documents automatically using a robust multi-level rule-based auto-classification system, based on given taxonomies / managed metadata.
- Auto Tagger could be helpful for initial tagging, e.g. after content migration from any system to SharePoint 2010, as well as for daily background operation.
- Helps to manage libraries that have more than 5.000 documents (>list view threshold): Content classification using enterprise metadata is the only way to overcome these well-known SharePoint limitations for navigation and filtering. But assigning metadata cannot be done manually with such large document sets.
- Taxonomy entry point (root node) is automatically chosen with respect to the current meta data column settings.
- List items are processed as well as documents and files located in SharePoint libraries.
- Properties (meta data column content) of list items and documents are considered for tagging.
- The context of items and documents, e.g. site, list, library, folder, url is considered for tagging.
- The document or file textual contents are considered if IFilters are installed.
- Use of categorization rules for auto-classification is supported (e.g. one term is in document content while another term is not). High quality of subject classification using a high performance completely Microsoft .NET Framework based rule engine. Rule-based classification is much faster, less expensive to implement, and produce reliable, reproducible results with higher accuracy compared to linguistic and statistical approaches.
- Installed IFilters are used for content analysis, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and many more.
- Fully integrated in default SharePoint tagging. Manually assigned tags are kept untouched.
- Flexible background operation settings: Scheduling, inclusion and exclusion of sites, lists & libraries, columns and content types.
- Content classification is done completely locally: No data is transferred to any vendor or cloud.
- 100% SharePoint technology: The solution is completely based on the new Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Metadata Management API. No MOSS 2007 legacy code or external 3rd party software or data (e.g. index) is used by default.
- Open API: Optionally plug-in of existing 3rd party solutions for text-mining, rule generation etc.
- Seamless integration with other SharePoint Knowledge Management Suite components. Installation Checker included.
- You may also tag any external data sources to use with the SharePoint Knowledge Management and Social Networking features without any restrictions with the help of the Layer2 Business Data List Connector for SharePoint.
Fig.: Auto categorization can help to solve many issues that still exist with Knowledge Management in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, 2013 and 2016.
The Layer2 Auto Tagger is a "must have" for all SharePoint customers that have to manage large lists and libraries (> 5.000 items). The feature is available as a component of the Layer2 Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint or as a separate feature. The solution comes with a robust installer to allow it to be easily deployed within any SharePoint environment. It is available for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 /2013 / 2016 (any editions, not for SharePoint Foundation or SharePoint Online).