Layer2 Related Content Web Part for SharePoint - Features & Benefits
The Layer2 Related Content Web Part for SharePoint
displays related content automatically based on content categorization
using centrally managed enterprise metadata and search. See below for
detailed features and benefits.
The Layer2 Related Content Web Part for SharePoint has the following features and benefits:
- Context-dependent dynamic display of related services, solutions and other topics
- Linking of accessories, related products, product groups, spare parts
- Assignment of documentation for services and solutions, e.g. data sheets
- Downloads for given topics, e.g. files like Word, Excel or ZIP archives
- Customer references assigned to services and products
- Current addresses and context-driven contact information
- Related tasks of a given topic
- Related dates and events of a given topic
Other features & benefits:
linking of related content automatically during runtime: The SharePoint
Related Content Web Part makes it very easy to ensure consistency of
the complex linking network because all linking is done automatically
during runtime, with respect to publishing timeframes, access rights
- Completely category driven pages: As an option the web part allows to build completely category driven pages and sites.
- Easy to setup: The content can be created completely context driven or by setting fixed tags for the content to display.
template-based output: The output is shown by XSLT templates that can
be easily adapted. The output can be sorted by title, publishing date or
type of information.
- Includes external data as well: You may
also include any external data sources to tag and use with the
SharePoint Knowledge Management and Social Networking features without
any restrictions with the help of the Layer2 Business Data List Connector for SharePoint.
- 100% SharePoint technology: Completely based on SharePoint Enterprise Metadata Management API.
- Seamless integration: The Web Part perfectly works together with other SharePoint Knowledge Management Suite components.
can easily find the desired information - a great advantage for
SharePoint based web sites in intranet, extranet and Internet. With the Layer2 Related Content Web Part for SharePoint out-of-the-box dynamic web sites like products- and services catalogues, and information sites etc. can be built.