The Layer2 Tag Directory Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, 2013 and 2016 offers the following features and benefits:
- More efficient information access on SharePoint portals: The Tag
Directory offers an additional navigation, that makes it very easy and
fast to find information for users, that don't know, where the
information is originally located. A great step forward for employee
portals, intranets, extranets and corporate Internet sites.
- Company-wide glossary helps to build a common language: The web part
also could be used as some kind of glossary, very helpful for employees
to find a common corporate language and understanding in the enterprise.
- Well-known navigation - no training required: Alphabetically sorted
directories are very common and well-known, e.g. in technical books.
Users can work with this technique intuitively.
- Helps to navigate libraries that have more than 5.000 items (list view threshold).
- No additional effort - Index is built automatically: The index is rendered automatically as a result of tagging content using managed metadata. Starting nodes could be given from existing taxonomies (Term Sets in the SharePoint Term Store). Tagging could optionally be done completely automatically with Layer2 Auto Tagger for SharePoint.
- Flexible design: The web part comes with a template-based output for static, dynamic and custom display. The registers can be customized to build groups (e.g. A-C, D-F or Aa, Ab, Ac ...) if required. The output can be adapted via XSLT. Additional information, such as the title, ID, description, number of tagged items can be displayed, if available. You can setup a root node to start in the taxonomy tree. A usage count can be displayed for social tags.
- Flexible linking: Items can be linked to the tag profile page, a wiki page or any custom page as well as directly to a list of the tagged content items and documents via link templates.
- 100% Microsoft SharePoint Technology: The solution is completely based on the new Enterprise Metadata Management API of SharePoint 2010 / 2013 / 2016 and is certified to be "Microsoft Platform Ready for SharePoint 2010".
- Seamlessly integrated: The Tag Directory Web Part works perfectly together with other components of the Layer2 Knowledge Management Suite for SharePoint.
- External Data included in index: You can also include any external corporate data sources to apply metadata and use with the SharePoint Knowledge Management and Social Networking features without any restrictions with the help of the Layer2 Business Data List Connector for SharePoint.
Please find more detailed information in Installation & Setup and FAQs.