The Layer2 Tag Suggester für Microsdoft SharePoint 2010, 2013 and 2016 offers the following features and benefits:
- Increased productivity and precision while tagging SharePoint items and
documents manually based on given taxonomies of managed metadata. The
system is not only able to suggest many useful tags, but also to
discover new and relevant tags, not suggested by any of the human users.
- An additional suggest list is displayed with appropriate tags / keywords based on certain term sets / taxonomies.
- Taxonomy entry point (root node) is automatically chosen with respect to the current meta data column settings.
- List items are processed as well as documents and files located in SharePoint libraries.
- Properties (meta data column content) of list items and documents are considered for tagging.
- The context of items and documents, e.g. site, list, library, folder is considered for tagging.
- The document or file textual contents are considered, if IFilters are installed.
- Use of categorization rules is supported (e.g. one term is in document content while another term is not). High quality of subject classification using a high performance Microsoft .NET Framework based rule engine.
- Installed IFilters are used for content analysis, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and many more).
- Fully integrated in default SharePoint tagging dialog. Out-of-the-box features (e.g. auto-complete) are kept working.
- 100% Microsoft SharePoint 2010 / 2013 / 2016 technology: The solution is completely based on the new Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Metadata Management API and certified as "Microsoft Platform Ready for SharePoint". No MOSS 2007 legacy code or external 3rd party software (e.g. external index) or direct database access is used by default.
- Open API: Optionally plug-in of existing 3rd party solutions for text-mining, rule generation etc.
- Seamless integration with other SharePoint Knowledge Management Suite components.
- Localization in english (also as language fallback) and german language depending on site settings.
- You may also tag any external data sources to use with the SharePoint Knowledge Management and Social Networking features without any restrictions with the help of the Layer2 Business Data List Connector for SharePoint.