Windows Internal Database Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector, the data source entity must be
configured as follows to connect to a Windows Internal Database.
Fig. Windows Internal Database example connection
in the Layer2 Layer2 Cloud Connector
Please note the following about settings, features, and possible issues.
- The Windows Internal Database has a number of restrictions and special considerations for being accessed. Please see the "Known Issues and Workaround" section below for a full list.
- You must install the Layer2 Cloud Connector on the machine that has the database - this database cannot be accessed remotely.
- Please select the .Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer from the list of installed providers. It should already be installed with Windows, but if it is not, you can install it from Microsoft.
- You must these specific instance names to connect to the database, based on which version of Windows Server the host machine is running:
Data Source=\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query; Initial Catalog=myDatabase; Integrated security=SSPI;
Data Source=\\.\pipe\MICROSOFT##WID\tsql\query; Initial Catalog=myDatabase; Integrated security=SSPI;
- As the user necessary to access the database is usually the administrator account that installed Windows, it is recommended that you use integrated security so that you can use Windows Authentication with the Administrator. This can lead to some additional issues with the service - see the "Known Issues and Workaround" section below for more information.
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. You can
also use stored procedures that returns records, exec myStoredProcedure().
- You can make use of aliases in query to force auto-mapping in the Cloud
Connector, e.g. select customername as title, to auto-map to a SharePoint title
- The primary key is normally set automatically based on the table settings.
- While the Bi-directional sync is technically supported with this provider, it is not recommended. Please only use this data source as read-only. See the "Known Issues and Workaround" section below for more information.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.