Sitefinity Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint General List Settings click "Connect to external data source".
In the BDLC form, the data source must be configured as follows to connect
to Sitefinity using the .Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer.
Figure 3: Example connection configuration to connect Sitefinity via Layer2
Business Data List Connector.
Please note the following specific settings:
- Select the .Net Framework Data Provider for SqlServer to connect.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
Source=yourserver.database.windows.net; Initial Catalog=YourTable; User
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type
conversions are supported).
- No installation or changes are required at the data source or data
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. You can
also use stored procedures that returns records, exec
- The primary key is normally set automatically, if available.
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization.
Several replication conflict solution strategies are offered.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
- Bi-directional sync is generally supported. You query must be updatable for
this (note that most joins are not). You will also need write access rights for