Azure DevOps Specific SharePoint Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect to Azure DevOps.
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect to Azure DevOps via the
Layer2 OData Provider.
Please note the following specific settings.
- Select the OData Data Provider to
connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Business Data List Connector ADO.NET
provider package and should be already installed. You will find a OData Provider specification here.
- You can use a connection string like this to
Url=https://analytics.dev.azure.com/my-company/my-project/_odata/v2.0; Collection=WorkItems; Authentication=Windows; User=PAT; Password=my-personal-access-token;
Make sure to replace my-company and my-project, and replace my-personal-access-token with a valid personal access token.
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data
provider and source system. For any specification of supported queries see Azure DevOps OData documentation. You can map your data fields to specific external
fields in the Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data
types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization.
- No installation or changes are required at the Azure DevOps data source or data destination.
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.