Capsule CRM Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint General List Settings click "Connect to external data source".
In the BDLC form, the data source must be configured as follows to connect
to Capsule CRM using the Layer2 Data Provider for XML.
Figure 1: Example connection
configuration to connect a native SharePoint list to an Capsule CRM data source
via Layer2 Business Data List Connector.
Please note the following specific settings.
- If neccessary, create an “Capsule
CRM” Account in https://capsulecrm.com
- For User, you must use the API Token, which is available under your user
account preferences. See the Capsule
API Documentation for more details.
- For Password, you must use a dummy value. Example above has "x". This is
also noted in the Capsule API Documentation.
- You can make use of Xpath to query your data as supported by the data
provider and source system. For any specification of supported queries see the
- The data provider supports read-only, no write support to the XML data
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- No installation or changes are required at the ODBC data source or data
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.