IBM Lotus Notes Domino Specific SharePoint Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect:
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect to Lotus Notes or IBM Domino via Layer2
Please note the following specific settings.
- Select the ODBC Data Provider to
connect. The provider is part of the Windows Operating System and should be
- You need the Lotus Notes / Domino ODBC driver installed (64-bit
- Follow the vendor instructions to setup and configure. See here for an example to setup an ODBC data source.
- Use a System DSN (not User or File DSN) to setup your connection and to
refer to in the connection string. Verify your setup directly in the ODBC
Connection Manager, if supported.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
Please find more details about ODBC
options at www.connectionstrings.com.
- You can make use of ODBC to query your data as supported by the data
provider and source system. For any specification of query
language supported see vendor documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- No installation or changes are required at the ODBC data source or data
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.