OLEDB Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint List Settings the data source must be configured as follows
to connect to OLEDB sources via Layer2 Business Data List Connector.
Figure 1: Sample connection
configuration to connect a SharePoint list to a Microsoft Access database via
OLEDB and Layer2 Business Data List Connector.
Please note the following specific settings.
- Make sure you've installed the 64-bit Version of the data source specific
driver for OLEDB.
- Follow the vendor instructions to setup and configure. See here for an example
to setup an OLEDB data source.
- You can use a connection string like this to
Provider=myProvider; Data Source=myDataSource;
- Please find more details about OLEDB options at www.connectionstrings.com.
- You can make use of OLEDB to query your data as supported by the data
provider and source system. For any specification of query
language supported see vendor documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization.
- No installation or changes are required at the ODBC data source or data
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.