QuickBooks Pro Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
- Install CData ADO.NET Provider for
QuickBooks 2015 (link) on both machines, the SharePoint server and the
QuickBooks host machine.
- On the QuickBooks host machine you need to configure the CData Remote
Connector by adding the QuickBooks user you want to use (see Adding user to
Remote Connector picture).
Figure 1: On the QuickBooks host, add a connection user in the Remote
- After that, you need to make sure
the Remote Connector is running and your company file is open in a QuickBooks
instance run as administrator.
- We access QuickBooks Pro via port 2080. Please consult your administrator to
ensure this port is opened and accessible on the QuickBooks host.
- Now lets switch to the SharePoint. Make sure the CData provider is
installed. In the SharePoint General List Settings click "Connect to external
Figure 2: Example connection
configuration to connect a native SharePoint list to a QuickBooks Pro data
entity via Layer2 Business Data List Connector.
- Please select the CData ADO.NET
Provider for QuickBooks 2015 (link) from
the list of data providers. The provider is not part of the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector solution and has to be purchased separately
on its vendor site.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect: URL=http://myHost:2080;User=myUser;Password=myPassword;
User and Password are the values you defined earlier in the Remote
for local installations URL=http://localhost:2080
- Now run the validation and switch back to the QuickBooks host machine. There
should be a new open window asking for access to QuickBooks Pro including
information you entered earlier in the Remote Connector. Grant access as shown
in the image.
Figure 3: On the first run you have to grant access permissions in
QuickBooks Pro for the connector service.
- The primary key must be set
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Bi-directional synchronization is fully supported. Please note:
When inserting new entries, you have to give an random ID value as primary
key. QuickBooks Pro will generate an own key. After successful insert, please
run the BDLC update so the list can retrieve the correct ID (this means that
your new item will be deleted and a new complete version of this item from
QuickBooks will be inserted.
- Make sure that your company file is constantly open in multi-user mode. If
you do not follow this requirement, the next synchronization might fail with the
following error: "QuickBooks cannot currently be accessed."
- No installation or changes are required at the data source or data
destination despite the CData providers.
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.