RSS News Feed Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect to a RSS Newsfeed.
Fig.: Sample connection
configuration to connect to a RSS Feed via Layer2 Data Provider for RSS Feeds
Please note the following about specific settings, features and possible
- Please select the Layer2 Data
Provider for RSS Feeds (comes with the BDLC distribution package). If it is not
in the list, please install from package.
- As the connection string in most cases the Url parameter is enough.
Additional parameters are available for Authentication (anonymous by default)
and FeedType (RSS or Atom).
- For verification please use url=http://news.yahoo.com/rss/internet/
- To aggregate several news feeds with one connection, please add several
urls: url=url1, url2, url3 ...
- You need a primary key (column with unique values) for the synchronization
to work as expected. In many cases the link to the certain news item works for
this. Some providers also expose a unique GUID.
- Note that lots of systems and applications offer RSS feeds for data
integration, e.g. SharePoint and Office 365.
- Many feeds provide a "source" attribute that could be helpful to separate
the data sources in case of aggregations.
- HTML formatted fields, e.g. for description, are fully supported.
- Custom attributes / columns are exposed if provided by the data source (not
only title, description, link).
- RSS is supported by many systems to expose data, not limited to specifically
- You can enable the no-delete flag in the Layer2 Cloud Connector to aggregate
RRS entries in a news archive without delete older entries.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.