Salesforce Specific SharePoint List Configuration Settings
In the SharePoint General List Settings click "Connect to external data source".
In the BDLC list configuration form, the data source must be configured as
follows to connect to Salesforce using the ODBC Data Provider (this example
specifically shows the settings for Data Direct).
Figure 1: Example connection
configuration to connect a native SharePoint list to an Salesforce data
Please note the following about specific settings:
- You will need 3rd party data
providers to connect to Salesforce via BDLC.
- Progress offers an ADO.NET data provider for Salesforce that allows
for write-back with BDLC. See this blog entry about how to connect via Progress DataDirect Driver for Salesforce and
- DevArt also offers an that works with BDLC (read-only).
- Note that the provider must be 64-bit to work with BDLC.
- The connection string depends on data provider. Please find documentation at
the providers' site or ask the vendor.
- Retrieve a security token from Salesforce.
- The data query depends on data provider. typically SQL-like select
statements are supported to query Salesforce data entities.
- You can map the resulting data fields to specific external fields in the
Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type
conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use write-back to synchronize data back to Salesforce. In case of
inserts (full CRUD) via external systems, please take care of the primary key.
Salesforce-side IDs will not work in his case.
- No installation or changes are required at the Salesforce data source or
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
Do you have questions or issues connecting? Please contact [email protected] directly.