SAP HANA Specific SharePoint Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured
as follows to connect to HANA:
Configuration Data Integration SAP HANA and SharePoint
Please note the following specific settings.
- Install the HANA ODBC driver
(HDBODBC32 or HDBODBC64). These are normally installed with the HANA
- Follow the vendor instructions to setup and configure a DSN. See page 14 in
this SAP document for setting up a HANA ODBC data source.
- Select the ODBC Data Provider to connect. The provider is part of the
Windows Operating System and should be already installed.
- Use a System DSN (not User or File DSN) to setup your connection and to
refer to in the connection string. Verify your setup directly in the ODBC
Connection Manager, if supported.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
Please find more details about ODBC options at www.connectionstrings.com.
- You can make use of ODBC to query your data as supported by the data
provider and source system. For any specification of query
language supported see the HANA documentation.
- You can map your data fields to specific external source fields in the
Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple
type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values),
depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization.
- No installation or changes are required at the SAP HANA / ODBC data source
or the data destination.
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.