SAP Specific Configuration Settings
Basically, you can start with the Layer2 Business Data List Connector when you are able to see valid OData (some kind of XML data) in your browser. If you are not familiar with both, OData and SAP, take a look here to learn more.
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector, the data source must be configured as follows to connect to SAP.
Figure 1: Sample connection configuration to connect to SAP via Layer2 Data Provider for OData
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for OData to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be already installed with BDLC. You will find an OData Provider specification here.
- Generally, you can use a connection string like this to connect:url=https://mysapportal.mydomain.com/pathtomycollection; Collection=myCollection; User =myDomain\myUser; Password=myPassword; Authentication=Windows
SAP offers free access to a demo system to verify Layer2 Cloud Connector connectivity. Please register here. To connect to the SAP demo system you can make use of a connection string similar to this:
url=https://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT/; Collection=TravelAgencies; Authentication=Windows, SAPCsrfHeader; User=P********;
Please replace the user token with your specific account and add a password to the password field.
- Several different authentication methods are generally supported. See provider specification linked above for more.
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For any specification of supported queries see SAP Netweaver documentation. You can browse OData collections in the web browser. Simply paste your url from there.
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on the query (see data preview for this).
- No installation or changes are required at the SAP data source.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in SharePoint or scheduled in the background by the Layer2 Business Data List Connector. Only data changes are processed (no delete/bulk import).
- No programming required to setup a connection and sync. No touch of the SAP system.
- If you don't have OData access to your SAP data yet, you can alternatively connect and sync via database queries or intermediate text / csv files created by scripts.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.