Microsoft SQL Server Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Business Data List Connector the data source must be configured as
follows to connect to Microsoft SQL Server.
Fig.: Sample connection
configuration to connect and sync data with SQL Server.
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- Create a list in your SharePoint
on-premises to cache the external SQL query result data. Click "Connect to
external data source" in the General List Settings, select the data provider,
enter connection settings and data query as shown below.
- Please select the .NET Framework Data Provider for SqlServer from the list
of installed providers. If you can't find, please install from Microsoft.
- You can make use of any connection strings for SQL Server as usual,
Data Source=myServer; User Id=myUser; Password=myPassword.
find more information about SQL Server connection strings here.
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. You can
also use stored procedures that returns records, exec myStoredProcedure().
- You can make use of aliases in query to force auto-mapping in the BDLC, e.g.
select customername as title, to auto-map to a SharePoint title column.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.