Layer2 Cloud Connector for SharePoint & Office 365 - Version History
Connector for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office 365 takes your local line-of-business data and
documents to your cloud-based or any other hosted SharePoint - easy to connect,
secure, always up-to-date, and bi-directional, if required. More
information and download here.
Please find the current Layer2
Cloud Connector Release Notes News Feed here for
Version 22.214.171.124 (outdated)
- When creating folders in SharePoint libraries, an error occurred stating that the property "CheckOutType" has not been loaded. "The property or field 'CheckOutType' has not been initialized..."
- Optimized error handling and reporting for unexpected Windows Service termination.
- When accessing SharePoint libraries with versioning enabled and no enforced checkout, one upload has created four different new versions. This could lead to unexpected quota exceedance and issues with workflows and notifications. Now two new versions are created, one for the file upload and one for the metadata updates. Due to limitations with CSOM it is still not possible to create one new version only.
- In some cases while updating data on SharePoint a NullReferenceException was triggered.
- The settings of the FILENAME filter of the File System Provider included filtering of directory names. Now directory names are no longer filtered.
- The Odata Provider created an error when a value could not bee parsed. This has been replaced with a warning and using of the default value.
- Creating appointments on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 could result in an error about the StartTimeZone-field not being loaded.
- Pro Edition now allows Enterprise Edition features starting with January 2015. Customers with Pro Edition and valid Software Assurance have a free upgrade option.
- If SharePoint returns a "Request too big" error, the current server objects will be loaded and updated one by one automatically.
- Minor memory leaks fixed.
- The log view in the Connection Manager is now refreshing during a synchronization run.
- Shareware restrictions have been adjusted.
- Logging to the Windows Eventlog or to email will no longer create multiple entries for a single error.
- The setup files are now signed to avoid warnings.
- The default log configuration now contains examples to use Windows Event Log instead of file log and send email alerts in case of issues.
- Layer2 Data Provider for Exchange: When reading appointments in some cases the Exchange Web Service would return the error "The recurrence pattern’s FirstDayOfWeek property must be specified".
- When Exchange returns with a ErrorInternalServerTransientError, the Layer2 Exchange Data Provider will automatically retry to load the remaining items.
- The "Email" connection-string parameter for mailbox-impersonation has not been recognized. Now fixed. Changes:
- It is no longer possible to have two different versions of the Cloud Connector installed side-by-side. If setup encounters another edition of the Cloud Connector, it will automatically be uninstalled prior to the installation.
- When executing the Cloud Connector setup for .NET 4.5 on a System which does not support running the Microsoft Management Console in CLR 4, the setup will show an error message stating that the .NET 3.5 edition of the Cloud Connector needs to be installed. This is applicable for Windows 7 / Windows-Server 2008 RC2 or older.
- The SharePoint fields fAllDayEvent and fRecurrence are no longer marked as unsupported fields. That means the fields can be used e.g. for SharePoint to SharePoint or SQL to SharePoint connections. Exchange to SharePoint is still not supported.
- Layer2 Data Provider for Microsoft Exchange added to connect and sync Microsoft Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 on-premises or Exchange Online contacts, tasks, calendar events, notes, email with SharePoint and almost any other data sources.
- The default distribution requires the current version of .NET Framework. A version for .NET 3.5 is additionally provided for compatibility reasons. Please select the right folder during installation.
- Updgrade from V4 to V5 requires a new license file. It's free for all customers with current Software Assurance (SA). Please contact [email protected] to request the license change before installation. You can simply use installer to upgrade. All data and settings are kept.