Release Notes - Layer2 Cloud Connector
- New Layer2 Odata Provider. Now supporting OData V1-V4, Atom and Json
formats. The old provider is still accessible as Layer2 OData Provider
- Dynamic authentications now provide a scope-identifier for defining the
scope of the authentication data.
- New authentication for SharePoint form-digest.
- Synchronizing Person/Group fields within the same SharePoint instance did
not work for custom SharePoint groups.
- When calling a web service with the Layer2 OData Provider (legacy), a '/'
was added between collection name and select statement. Although most web
services don't care about this '/', some return an error. The slash is now
- Files with too long path no longer lead to abortion of the synchronization,
but the files are skipped with error message.
- Enterprise Keyword fields in SharePoint no longer lead to errors but are
excluded from the synchronization.
- In case KeepBoth is selected as conflict resolution strategy for a non-file
synchronization, an error is thrown and conflicted items are skipped.
- Memory consumption of synchronizations of large files has been reduced.
- The Layer2 Odata Provider (legacy) no longer adds an extra '/' to the
- The background service no longer starts a connection a second time if the
last run has not been finished yet.
- Errors during the creation of a support package were missing some details in
the log message.
- In some cases, log-messages were written into the system.log, even if they
are actually part of a connection-run.
- When synchronizing data while having a GUID column mapped to a string column
without length limitations, these items were skipped with an error about an
invalid cast from GUID to string.
- There was an issue when fields with different names were mapped and
WarnAndContinue has been chosen as conflict resolution strategy. If these fields
had a conflict, an error was thrown.
- The Layer2 Soap Provider did not support parameters of type Boolean and
- It was possible to start an aborting connection (while the aborting process
was not done) via MMC by changing a connection setting and saving.
- Password was logged when the connection-string was invalid.
- While synchronizing, if a string-value in a field contained a GUID, it was
tried to be converted to a GUID (Instead of only convert it, if it actually is a
- When synchronizing many items to SharePoint lists, in some cases the memory
consumption got very high.
- Missing access to metadata cache location prevented usage of the old
(deprecated) OData provider
- More than 5000 folders in a SharePoint library caused 'folder already
exists' errors due to SharePoint not reporting the correct folder
- The version history link in the version.html has been updated.
- nlog.config is no longer part of the support package
- Authentications made with the authentication construction kit can now define
their own scope identifier, which defines the scope of the caching
- The Layer2 Soap Provider now can query for a "singleWsdl" using an optional
connectionstring parameter "wsdlQuery=SingleWsdl" if the Soap service supports
- For dynamic authentications, file system access is no longer mandatory.
- It is now configurable if Json contents will be synchronized according to
IEEE-754 or not.
- The Layer2 XML Provider now supports merging of different node-sets (by
using the Xpath '|'-operator)
- The Layer2 XML Provider now supports aliases for fields.