Microsoft SQL Server Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the data source or destination entity must be configured as follows to connect to Microsoft SQL Server.
Fig.: SQL Server sample connection in the Layer2 Layer2 Cloud Connector
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- Please select the SQLClient Data Provider from the list of installed providers. If you can't find, please install from Microsoft.
- You can make use of any connection strings for SQL Server as usual, e.g.:
Data Source=myServer; User Id=myUser; Password=myPassword.
You will find more information about SQL Server connection strings here.
- In case of integrated authentication (trusted connection) please make sure that the Windows Service has appropriate database access rights. Best to use basic authentication with a specific user.
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. You can also use stored procedures that return records, exec myStoredProcedure().
- You can make use of aliases in the query to force auto-mapping in the Cloud Connector, e.g. select customername as title, to auto-map to a SharePoint title column.
- The primary key is normally set automatically.
- Bi-directional sync is supported.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.