Microsoft SQL Server Specific Configuration Settings
In the Layer2 Cloud Connector the data source or destination entity must be
configured as follows to connect to Microsoft SQL Server.
Fig.: SQL Server sample connection
in the Layer2 Layer2 Cloud Connector
Please note the following about settings, features and possible issues.
- Please select the SQLClient Data
Provider from the list of installed providers. If you can't find, please install
- You can make use of any connection strings for SQL Server as usual,
Data Source=myServer; User Id=myUser; Password=myPassword.
find more information about SQL Server connection strings here.
- In case of integrated authentication (trusted connection) please make sure
that the current user has appropriate database access rights. Also take care
about access rights of the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Best to use
basic authentication with a specific user.
- You can make use of all SQL queries your data provider supports. You can
also use stored procedures that returns records, exec myStoredProcedure().
- You can make use of aliases in query to force auto-mapping in the Cloud
Connector, e.g. select customername as title, to auto-map to a SharePoint title
- Primary key is normally set automatically.
- Bi-directional sync is supported.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.