Microsoft Office 365 Specific Integration Settings
To connect native lists in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 / 2013 / 2016/ 2019
to Microsoft Office 365 lists via the Layer2 Business Data List Connecter the
data source must be configured as follows in the Genera List Settings:
Fig.: Sample connection configuration to connect and sync data with SharePoint or Office 365.
Please note the following specific settings.
- Create a list in your SharePoint
on-premises to cache the external Office 365 / SharePoint list data. Click
"Connect to external data source" in the General List Settings, select the data
provider, enter connection settings and data query as shown below.
- Select the Layer2 Data Provider for SharePoint (CSOM) to connect. The
provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and
should be already installed with BDLC. You will find a SharePoint Data Provider specification here.
- You can use a connection string like this to
url=http://mydomain.com/mySite; List=MyList; View=MyView;
User=myUser; Password=myPassword; Authentication=myAuthentication.
- Chosing the right authentication method is very important. Windows,
Office365, ADFS and others are supported. See specification linked above for
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2
Business Data List Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type
conversions are supported). If fields are not available, please check your
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization. In
case of inserts (full CRUD) via external systems please take care of the primary
- No installation or changes are required at the data source or data
destination, e.g. on SharePoint or Office 365.
- No programming required for setup a connection and sync.
- No need to open your local network for access from outside.
Do you have any issues to connect? Please contact [email protected] for next steps.