The following steps can be used to upgrade the Layer2 Cloud Connector from one version to another. Please note that the upgrade process does not touch your existing connection configurations, so any pre-existing connections will still be available after the upgrade process is complete, unless they are sample connections. If so, please rename those before the update or they will be lost.
- Check the information in the Upgrading Layer2 Products - General section above to make sure you know the changes, have the download link, and have an appropriate license file.
IMPORTANT If you are upgrading from a version older than 7.8 to a version that is higher, skip down to the next section specifically for that scenario.
- If you need to update your license file, make sure this is done before you install the update as it will revert to "Shareware Mode" and restrict your connections.
- Close the Connection Manager.
- Stop the Layer2 Cloud Connector Service.
- Unpack the installation zip file.
- Run Setup.msi in the unpacked folder.
- The installer will now update the existing components.
- As noted above, this does not interact with the existing connection configuration data so you won't lose your connections from doing this, but if you are using sample connections productively, please rename those before the update or they will be lost. However, the logging level will be reset to "Warn" and the service accounts and settings will be reverted to their default state. Please update those to match your preferred settings once the upgrade is completed. Last but not least, please check your scheduling service settings as those will be reset too.
- If you received an updated license file, you can install that now using the directions in How to Activate a Layer2 Product?.
If you have any issues or errors with upgrading, contact [email protected] for troubleshooting assistance.