Release Notes - Layer2 Cloud Connector
- A Telemetry feature has been added to the Layer2 Cloud Connector for all its Editions.
The Layer2 Cloud Connector's Telemetry feature provides anonymous information about if the installed Layer2 Cloud Connector is a Trial, Personal, Professional or Enterprise Edition with its respective Order Number as well as the providers used by the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
Please note that the Shareware, Personal and Professional Editions of the Layer2 Cloud Connector delivers only basic information as mentioned above.
However, the Layer2 Cloud Connector Enterprise Edition delivers anonymous provider usage information for license compliance.
The telemetry components for the Enterprise Providers include:
- Node ID
- OEM license
- Driver Version information
- Java Runtime Information (i.e. JRE version) or .NET - Version as applicable
- Number of queries & affected rows
- CPU Core count
The anonymous collected provider information is for statistical purposes only, to tailor the Layer2 Connector Connector to suit the user’s needs.
We do not collect any personal information about the user or the data that is synchronized with the Layer2 Cloud Connector.
- For any questions regarding the Layer2 Cloud Connector telemetry feature, feel free to contact us.
- An error that provoked the Layer2 Cloud Connector's REST API to fail has been fixed.
For more information about the Layer2 Cloud Connector REST API, please see the Layer2 Cloud Connector User Documentation on page 80 under the subject Rest API.
- To get your Layer2 Cloud Connector copy, please register and download the latest version. Feel free to search and test your favorite system in our Layer2 Cloud Connector solutions page.