Microsoft Dynamics CRM Specific Integration Settings
To connect and sync a Microsoft Dynamics CRM data entity with other data
sources, it must be configured as follows in the Layer2 Cloud Connector
Fig. Example connection
configuration to connect to Microsoft Dynamics CRM data via OData.
Please note the following specific settings:
- Select the OData Data Provider to connect. The provider is part of the Layer2 Cloud Connector ADO.NET provider package and should be already be installed. You will find an OData Provider specification here.
- You can use a connection string like this to connect:
url=https://myCompany.crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc/; Collection=AccountSet; [email protected]; Password=myPassword; Authentication=DynamicsCrmOnline;
- Several different authentication methods are generally supported. See provider specification linked above for more.
- You can make use of OData to query your data as supported by the data provider and source system. For more information about supported queries, see Microsoft Dynamics CRM OData specification.
- For best performance on the OData service call, only select the necessary fields in the select statement.
- You can make use of where conditions or filters and other query options as described here.
- You can map your data fields to specific external fields in the Layer2 Cloud Connector. Please take care about data types (simple type conversions are supported).
- Please enter an appropriate primary key (column with unique values), depending on query (see data preview for this).
- You can use the connection for uni- or bi-directional synchronization.
- Data synchronization can be started manually in the Connection Manager, per command line or scheduled in background by the Layer2 Cloud Connector Windows Service. Only data changes are processed (no delete / bulk import).